| Jack at the starting gate. He has a red helmet. |
| The track |
| Red helmet, orange bike. |
Jack started racing motocross. The first race was a learning experience for everyone. I learned that Hudson and I need to come at 7, when the race starts...not 4. It was a steep learning curve for Jack. He'd never raced before and this was a bike he'd only ridden once or twice. He got clipped going into the first turn and fell. He never made up the time and finished a lap behind. He was devastated. The second race was better, he stayed with the pack. He still was last though. He got behind this kid and would. not. pass. We asked him about it and he said he was too nervous to pass. Since this race, he's been to a track and practiced twice. He's gotten better and he's ready for his race tomorrow night. I'll show up just as it's time to race, not before. What a disaster with Hudson waiting at the track. We were there from 4-9 the first time.
1 comment:
I still can't believe that Jack can ride a motorcycle so well, over all that SCARY terrain! I am petrified just riding a bicycle on a paved pathway!! I hope he does well tomorrow at the race.
Post a Comment