Thursday, May 03, 2012

BYU Women's Conference

I was asked by my friend Jennifer to help her and another friend, Natalie, put together a Sharing Station for BYU Women's Conference.  It was a little daunting because, although I've been to Women's Conference, I had never heard of the Sharing Stations.  I have since learned what they are and that all the materials from past years are online and you can access them from the BYU Women's Conference website.  The Stations are different booths with different themes that are supposed to be helpful to women.  For example, how to get your kids to do chores, food storage, taking time for yourself, etc.  Our topic was assigned to us and it was:  How to incorporate good music into your family's life.  I think.  I can't really even remember what the original topic was.  : /  I felt singularly unqualified to do this because my kids hate all music that's not rock music.  Even Hudson hates singing.
The women I worked with were so awesome.  I would work with them any day!  We met together and had NO IDEA what to do, but it all came together.  We made assignments and we all completed them.  I know.. amazing.  We put together a lot of material.  Here's a picture of our booth:



Waiting for the opening meeting to start.

The concert that night.  In years past it's been lighthearted and funny. This year was pretty serious.  Eh... it was well done, but I prefer the funny one. 


 The ride home was scary.  It was so windy and rainy.  We could hardly see the lines on the road.  I loved going to WC and the women I worked with, but I can honestly say I was relieved when it was over! 


No comments: