We had french toast at the cabin this past weekend and our friends served it with buttermilk syrup, fresh strawberries and whipped cream. Even Tristan gave it two thumbs up. It was delicious!
Here's how to make it:
1 1/2 c. white sugar
3/4 c. buttermilk (I didn't have any on hand so I put 1T of lemon juice (or white vinegar) in 1c. of milk. Let it sit for 5 min.)
1/2 c. butter
2T corn syrup
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp vanilla
bring all ingredients to boil (except vanilla) and boil for 7 min. This stuff expands A LOT so make it in a ridiculously large pot. After 7 min, take off heat and add vanilla. Let it cool a bit and enjoy!
We had it on crepes tonight for dinner.
2 comments:
A heated discussion with Andrew about crepes:
Andrew: My mom makes these really thin French pancakes that are delicious.
Danielle: Oh, you mean crepes?
Andrew: No, no. They're pancakes. Just really thin and taste more like an egg than a pancake.
Danielle: Andrew, I'm pretty sure that's a crepe.
Andrew: Clearly you've never had one, Danielle, because you don't know what I'm talking about.
Then your mom made them one night and said, "Here, I made crepes."
IN YOUR FACE ANDREW!
Ha ha that's funny. You just agreed to a lifetime of those debates.
Post a Comment