Monday, March 08, 2010

Weekend away


View Weekend trip in a larger map


We had friends ask us to go away with them to their cabin for the weekend. This is a map of where we were. The marker at the top left is where their cabin is. On Saturday morning we drove up, past the lake, to where they don't plow the roads anymore. We then drove snowmobiles up to the second marker. The second marker is where the pioneers first glimpsed the Salt Lake Valley. Even I drove a snowmobile. I was nervous, but it was easy. We pulled the kids on sleds and Brian held Hudson. I forgot my camera, but the other mom took pictures. I'll post them when I get them. I don't even know where we got Hudson's snowsuit, but it wasn't purchased in the last 20 years, that's for sure. It's bright blue with a pointy hat. He looks like the roaming gnome.

On Friday night everyone went night skiing. We went to this tiny resort that was super cheap. Everyone skied except for me and Hudson. I spent the 2 hours sitting in a barn-shaped building with gross floors, sitting on a plastic chair, with no arm rests, holding Hudson, and watching the basketball game on mute. Yeah... I had no cell service. My arms were super sore.

We had a great time. The kids spent the weekend playing all the games I used to play as a kid before non-stop TV and video games. They played sardines, hide-and-seek, Uno, war, BS, etc. They fished at the fish pond and each caught HUGE fish. They were both over 2 feet long. It's a pond on their property and it's catch and release. The fish just keep on growing. We took the dogs and both the dogs got in the pond several times. They boys shot bb guns and did other man stuff. We pulled the kids on sleds around in the field with a snowmobile.
All in all, it was a good time. We wish we had a cabin too!

PS. I forgot to mention that the map was obviously done in the summertime. Picture everything white with snow.

1 comment:

Jeri Calder said...

Sounds like a super fun weekend.....can't wait to see some pictures!!