Friday, February 12, 2010

Valentines

So they kids wanted to make their own valentines this year. OK. We found a cute rocket one on FamilyFun.com and just needed to buy LifeSavers in the rolls. I have been busy helping Brian get the room (a separate post) ready for Coleman to visit and I waited until Wedneday to go to Costco to find LifeSavers. No luck. Jack chose instead: Fruit by the Foot. I was thinking that we could still rescue the rocket idea.
As I was at home yesterday trying to wrap the Fruit by the Foot to look rocket-like, Tristan is looking at me like, "Mom... it's not working. Give up." Oh wait... I think he said that.
So last night we went at 6:30pm to the grocery store to find boxed Valentine cards to tape the Fruit by the Foot to. Yeah... they had 2 kinds left: Rainbow Dora and Eco Friends Recycling Valentines.
My boys both addressed 27 valentines with talking water bottles and recycling trash cans on the front. : )

3 comments:

Caitlin said...

Now everyone will think that you are eco-responsible. Is that such a bad thing?

Anonymous said...

This is so pathetic. There are no words to describe how pathetic. Did you learn a lesson???

Anonymous said...

Some things in life must slip through the cracks. The reality of Kindergarten and 2nd grade Valentines is this...Child receives valentine, child eats candy from valentine, mom throws the valentine away. 3 months later no one remembers what kind of valentine they got. Aren't you glad that you did not spend precious sleeping time or exercise time on a project that just doesn't matter that much? Besides if things had gone the way you wanted, you wouldn't have a funny story.