Sunday, February 14, 2010

L O V E

I was trying to think of something cute and creative to do for Brian for Valentine's Day. I saw this idea on a craft website where they had taken a deck of playing cards and put cute paper on the front and the back and then on EVERY card they'd printed out something they like about that person and glued it to the card. They then punched 2 holes in each card and had rings that held it together. So, 50 things they like about them. I thought, "Wow... what a cute idea. I just need to think of 50 things."
I got to 20 and then drew a blank. As a matter of fact, I think it made me think of more things I didn't like than I liked. For example, I thought... "Ooh I can say that I like how he does the dishes. Ouch... except he doesn't do the dishes." Another problem is some things cover more than one thing. Like, "I like that your handy." Could I then separately list that I like that he can fix the dishwasher, frame a room, hang drywall, fix the car, etc.? When it finally came to things like, "I like how your socks match." I abandoned this idea. Don't get me wrong, I love Brian and I'm sure I love at least 50 things about him. It's just hard to enumerate them.
In my defense, for my thirtieth birthday Anne gave me a card where she listed 30 things she liked about me. She admitted that it was really hard at the end to think of things... and look how great I am.

4 comments:

Anne said...

at least I got to 30... but may have been easier for me with you as the subject ;)

A.Calder said...

theres no pictures on your blog and so my mind gets distracted while reading

Tyler Ball said...

you probably could have started repeating after a while. Who has the patience to read 52 individual cards?

Miss DeeDeeMarie said...

When in doubt, google it. I did something similar to that for Andrew a couple years ago and while there are a million great things about him (wink, wink) I got stuck after 10 so I just googled the rest. And as long as he doesn't read the comments on this old post, he'll never know...