I also made some singed flower clips for my hair. I made some a while ago, but due to popular demand I spent 4 hours yesterday showing 5 ladies in my neighborhood how to do it too. It's not hard. I'm sure there's a tutorial somewhere on the internet. Basically I use my measuring cups to make the circles. The bottom of my cups is smaller than the top, so I trace the bottom of each size and the top of each size out of taffeta and some out of chiffon. Cut out and singe the edges over a candle. It works best if you are a few inches from the flame. I use a tea light in a glass votive. This part takes practice as you will catch a few on fire. Sew a button through all the layers to hold it together then glue a clip on the back or glue it to a headband.
Sunday, February 21, 2010
New crafts
I've been working on a quiet book. I got the idea and some templates from Homemade by Jill. She also has some links to other quiet books. Some of the pages I've done are for the baby when he's a bit older and some are for the big boys.
Weaving
They can write a letter and put it in the mailbox. The flap of the mailbox works.
Apparently I only bought 4 snaps and I have 5 apples. I'll have to go back and get more. The original ideas had velcro. I think velcro can be noisy in church. I did snaps, BUT... they're kind of hard to operate. I think the baby will have to have super strong finger, SO... I think I'll go back to velcro.
I also made some singed flower clips for my hair. I made some a while ago, but due to popular demand I spent 4 hours yesterday showing 5 ladies in my neighborhood how to do it too. It's not hard. I'm sure there's a tutorial somewhere on the internet. Basically I use my measuring cups to make the circles. The bottom of my cups is smaller than the top, so I trace the bottom of each size and the top of each size out of taffeta and some out of chiffon. Cut out and singe the edges over a candle. It works best if you are a few inches from the flame. I use a tea light in a glass votive. This part takes practice as you will catch a few on fire. Sew a button through all the layers to hold it together then glue a clip on the back or glue it to a headband.

I also made some singed flower clips for my hair. I made some a while ago, but due to popular demand I spent 4 hours yesterday showing 5 ladies in my neighborhood how to do it too. It's not hard. I'm sure there's a tutorial somewhere on the internet. Basically I use my measuring cups to make the circles. The bottom of my cups is smaller than the top, so I trace the bottom of each size and the top of each size out of taffeta and some out of chiffon. Cut out and singe the edges over a candle. It works best if you are a few inches from the flame. I use a tea light in a glass votive. This part takes practice as you will catch a few on fire. Sew a button through all the layers to hold it together then glue a clip on the back or glue it to a headband.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment