Dad and Jeri drove up with was great for several reasons. One of which is that Jeri played the piano, so I didn't have to play and lead the music at the same time. That was going to be a trick. It was nice having it be just our meeting. It was not nice having to fill the font up ahead of time. It takes THREE HOURS!!! I thought they must have been joking. What's it filling with? A straw? But, sure enough, it takes three hours. Since the baptism was at 10, I went down at 7am, while Brian got kids ready, then we traded jobs. We had several family friends come and after we went to Chuck-A-Rama. I know, you're thinking that Chuck-A-Rama wouldn't be your first choice. I hadn't been since I was about 8. I was going to do a whole catered thing myself, but with that, the baptism and Thanksgiving it all got overwhelming. A neighbor suggested Chuck-A-Rama and I thought she was joking. But she said, then people could sit where they wanted and we wouldn't have to reserve a room or hassle over splitting up a bill. Bing! And you know what? It was good and the kids thought they'd died and gone to heaven. An open dessert bar? All the soda and ice cream you can eat? Yes!
Monday, December 31, 2012
Jack's Baptism
Last month we were finally able to have Jack's baptism. It seems like Brian always worked on the stake baptism weekends and our stake is not really into letting you have your own baptism. Since Amy was coming for Thanksgiving I got special permission to do our own. I gave Amy payback the privilege of giving the talk. She has to practice her baptism speech anyway, now that she's primary president.
Dad and Jeri drove up with was great for several reasons. One of which is that Jeri played the piano, so I didn't have to play and lead the music at the same time. That was going to be a trick. It was nice having it be just our meeting. It was not nice having to fill the font up ahead of time. It takes THREE HOURS!!! I thought they must have been joking. What's it filling with? A straw? But, sure enough, it takes three hours. Since the baptism was at 10, I went down at 7am, while Brian got kids ready, then we traded jobs. We had several family friends come and after we went to Chuck-A-Rama. I know, you're thinking that Chuck-A-Rama wouldn't be your first choice. I hadn't been since I was about 8. I was going to do a whole catered thing myself, but with that, the baptism and Thanksgiving it all got overwhelming. A neighbor suggested Chuck-A-Rama and I thought she was joking. But she said, then people could sit where they wanted and we wouldn't have to reserve a room or hassle over splitting up a bill. Bing! And you know what? It was good and the kids thought they'd died and gone to heaven. An open dessert bar? All the soda and ice cream you can eat? Yes!
Dad and Jeri drove up with was great for several reasons. One of which is that Jeri played the piano, so I didn't have to play and lead the music at the same time. That was going to be a trick. It was nice having it be just our meeting. It was not nice having to fill the font up ahead of time. It takes THREE HOURS!!! I thought they must have been joking. What's it filling with? A straw? But, sure enough, it takes three hours. Since the baptism was at 10, I went down at 7am, while Brian got kids ready, then we traded jobs. We had several family friends come and after we went to Chuck-A-Rama. I know, you're thinking that Chuck-A-Rama wouldn't be your first choice. I hadn't been since I was about 8. I was going to do a whole catered thing myself, but with that, the baptism and Thanksgiving it all got overwhelming. A neighbor suggested Chuck-A-Rama and I thought she was joking. But she said, then people could sit where they wanted and we wouldn't have to reserve a room or hassle over splitting up a bill. Bing! And you know what? It was good and the kids thought they'd died and gone to heaven. An open dessert bar? All the soda and ice cream you can eat? Yes!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
So glad we could be there for Jack's baptism!
Post a Comment