Monday, December 31, 2012

Alpine Nativity

Since we've moved, we've missed the Brea Christmas Nativity.  We'd heard about this one and finally ventured to check it out.  Of course I got no pictures of the ACTUAL nativity.  You park in a parking lot and then get into enclosed horse trailers that they close up and drive you to the location.  Yes, you read right.  You ride, on city streets, in a horse trailer.  You know, laws in Utah seem to be more like suggestions. 

Boys in the horse trailer.   

We only rode in it for 5 minutes, so it's not like we went far, but how would we know?  We couldn't see out.  I managed ok, but felt claustrophobic on the way back.  I was pushing old people and babies out of the way to get out at the end. 
We invited our friends, the Detjens, to come with us.  They have 2 boys Tristan's and Jack's ages.  They also have a girl a little younger than Jack. 
When you get to the mystery location, you're met by a Roman soldier, on a horse looking for baby boys under the age of 2.  Then we met all the characters from the nativity as we climbed up a BIG hill towards an amazing barn. 

In the barn they had shops (like they would have had in Bethlehem) and performers.  It was quite brisk outside, AND my party consisted mostly of boys so we kind of hustled through.  At the end, in their own separate building was the nativity scene.  Complete with brand-new newborn baby screaming.  :)

On the way back to the horse trailer, we tried to take a family picture.  I'll just post all of the pics and you can see for yourself. 

This one is ok.. oh wait.  My eyes are closed.  Those are camels in the background.

This one's ok... oh wait.. now Brian's not looking.

Hudson and I are leaving this photo.
Let's all pretend that Coleman doesn't look like someone you'd be afraid to meet on the street at night.  The mustache was for No Shave November and the hair was... I'm not sure.  Since then he has thankfully shaved and gotten a haircut.  He got his braces off too. 

No comments: