Tuesday, September 04, 2012

Catch all

We sent Jack to a BYU football camp this summer.  He hated it. 

You would think it would be exciting to practice and play on the Cougar Stadium field.  Evidently not.

Jack

While Jack practiced I took Hudson and Tristan to EVERY museum on BYU's campus. 

This was at Thanksgiving Point which is near our house.  Mom was visiting and we decided to go on the way home.  If I remember correctly it was really smoky.  There was a fire close by.





There is a woman in my ward, Angela Johnson, who is quite a famous sculptor (sculptress?).  She made all these statues of religious scenes and they were having a display at Thanksgiving Point.  Some of the statues are small, but a lot are huge!  Bigger than life-size... and all incredibly beautiful.  This one is Christ walking on the water.



I took pictures of all the sculptures, but only put a few on here.

We toured the Thanksgiving Point Gardens with Grandma.  The waterfalls are beautiful.



Hudson doesn't want to be left out.



The kids talked me into renting a golf cart.  A first for us.  This is Tristan trying to drive it.  I think he almost ran Grandma into the lake and almost ran me over doing it.  Jack was a much better driver.

This was at Brian's sister's wedding rehearsal. 

No joke, I said, "Jack smile."


Coleman is growing his hair out.  He's only ever worn it super short.  He wanted to see if it was curly. 


As you can imagine, Hudson was running around crazy.

This is me pinning Jack's Bobcat pin on him.  Most of you know, I cut off my hair and surprise to those of you who didn't.  I love it and I'm super happy I did it.  This was Jack's first pack meeting.


What?!  Who earned his Bobcat badge and a belt loop at his first pack meeting?

Tristan getting some award. 


Jack doing a skit.

Tristan doing a skit.


We had a huge, fun-filled summer.  I haven't even sorted most of our pictures.  I need to post pictures from our 2 week trip to California and all the other things we did.  Most of the problem is I have 2 cameras and a camera phone.  I have pictures on all of them.  These were all from 1 camera.  School has started and home school has been very overwhelming, but I called the teacher in charge of us and complained and she said we were doing WAY too much.  Apparently we don't have to do all 8 subjects every day.  We do between 5-6 now.  Hudson starts pre-school on Thursday and I'm really excited for that.  He's bored and sometimes he drives me nuts.  Jack is in third grade and happy and well adjusted.  He's playing football which is a major commitment.  He practiced 5 days a week at 6am for most of August.  He's practicing 3 days a week, 2 hours at a time and has a game every Saturday.
Tristan is on a soccer team and has 1 practice a week and a game on Saturdays.  There are a lot of homeschooling offerings around here, like activities they can go to, I just have to get it all figured out. 
Other than that, we're happy and healthy.  :)

No comments: