Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Chocolate Chip Cookies revisited

I feel almost sacrilege posting this.  Like I'm violating one of the laws of nature.  I mean, why mess with perfection?  BUT I've found a new chocolate chip cookie recipe.  Aaahh... don't tell mom.  It all started when Brian wouldn't eat shortening.  So, I started to use all butter in Mom's recipe.  Also, we live at a high altitude (6,400 ft) and baking doesn't always perform the way you want it to.  My cookies were never quite "right".  Anyway, I decided to experiment and we love this new recipe.

Chocolate Chip Cookies
3/4 c. sugar
3/4 c. brown sugar
3/4 c. powdered sugar
1 c. butter (melted)
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
3 c. flour
1 c. oats
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 pkg chocolate chips

Preheat to 365.  Cream sugars with butter.  Add eggs and vanilla. Mix.  Add flour, salt and soda.  Mix.  Add chocolate chips.  Bake for 8-9 minutes.  

4 comments:

Kyle said...

with such a detailed description, I can almost taste the cookies through the computer

Jeri Calder said...

Powdered sugar and melted butter? Sounds really enticing! And you can never have too many dessert recipes!!!

Usandthings said...

What a load off my mind! I've been cheating on moms recipe too! I'll have to send you the recipe and you can try that one out too.

Anonymous said...

It's taken me 30 years to perfect cooking Mom's cookies. I'm gonna have to try this one. Powder sugar? It has to be good!