Saturday, May 29, 2010

Kindy 500

School's out for the summer! I have mixed feelings about having the kids home all day... every day. The last month of school was CRAZY!!! There were so many activities. Here is Jack's Kindy 500. We had to build a car out of an apple box. The instructions said, "Use an apple box and glue 4 paper plates on as wheels and another paper plate as a steering wheel".

Jack wanted a tank.
Hudson is Captain Destructo. He makes HUGE messes. Please excuse the mess in this photo.... he is hard to contain. If we come and visit you... beware. Please put up anything he can reach.


The finished product. I thought we did a good job... and we did, but if you think this was the only, or the best tank, you'd be wrong. There are some incredibly talented parents out there who DID NOT use an apple box. Also, I think they have art/engineering/auto design/architecture degrees/build box tanks for a living.

Isn't he so cute? Notice the camo clothes?

He's about to sing us some patriotic songs.

The parade.

In their Kindy 500 cars they "drove" to different locations at the school and visited many of our country's landmarks. They went to the Statue of Liberty, the Liberty Bell, Mount Rushmore, the White House, etc. At each landmark they learned about it and did an activity. I think Jack's favorite was the Lincoln Memorial because they gave him a penny.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Job Allison! It looks great!

A.Calder said...

Psh No Lights or gun Noises? Not even a fog machine to spit out fake gun smoke? Does it even have shoulder straps or did he have to carry it as he walked? Next year I'm on it