Sunday, June 13, 2010

Dance Festival

"Can I crawl out on to the field mom?"


They kids do a dance festival at the end of every year. I think the teachers use it to fill up time at the end when no one is trying to learn anymore.

Jack did The Haka. It's a Maori fighting dance. He learned all the words and actions. I'm a loser mom and didn't take a picture of him all dressed up. ugh! So... here's the video. It's terrible. They put a kid right in front of Jack. They I tried to zoom out... not so good. I was just using my little camera, so I'd like the camera to take some of the blame.



Close up of the face... after the dance.


Tristan HATED his dance. In this video he's 6th back on the right.



Waiting for his turn.

3 comments:

Usandthings said...

Tyler says that Tristan was right to hate that dance because it was lame.

Anonymous said...

Super funny! I LOVE how into it Jack was! He was amazing!

Anonymous said...

I think this is a great idea and I'm going to suggest we do it at our school. It IS a good way to get through the last week. The kids certainly don't want to learn any more, the teachers don't want to grade papers, and everyone just wants to be done with school.