Friday, January 22, 2010

update

At Anne's request I'll give you an update on the GoWear Fit. So... I weighed myself one-week after starting my crazy exercise regime. And...... I gained 1 lb! What the heck? I was disappointed, to say the least, but amazingly it made me want to try harder. I also looked around online a lot about when to expect results from working out. The general consensus is at least 6 weeks. No wonder no one sticks with it. 6 weeks??? sheesh... how do those Biggest Loser contestants lose 10 lbs in a week? No matter, I'm sticking with it. I've met my target calorie burn of 3,000 everyday this week. I have to work out everyday and then stay as active as possible to make it. For example, while my car was getting washed... could I just sit in a chair like a normal person??? NO! I had to pace the waiting room like a crazy person. I do feel better and the armband keeps me really motivated. I have two neighbors that are going to do it with me. We've already started with a personal trainer (a different neighbor) and she worked us out yesterday and gave me a chart to follow.
One of the websites I looked at said not to weigh yourself for 2 months after starting an exercise program. Yeah right. I'll weigh again on Tuesday and let you know.

PS. For those who care, Hudson is eating like a champ! He's eating a jar of baby food at every meal and even eating some solid foods like small pieces of bread or pirate booty.

4 comments:

Anne said...

YAY Hudson!

The Carr Family said...

Hi! I've been doing Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred for a month. I gained 5 pounds in the first 2 weeks and wanted to cry! Now it's coming off fast. I guess it muscle does weigh more and now it's working for me even when I sit at the car wash!! Keep going!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

So I'm assuming that with Hudson eating better and the sleep training, he is sleeping better now??? Hopefully???

Caitlin said...

HUZZAH for Hudson! (And you too Allison)