Thursday, January 28, 2010

Less of me... Finally

So, I've been working really hard. I work out everyday. I weighed myself today and the scale finally moved! I'm down 2.2 lbs. Woot Woot. I measured myself before I started and measured again yesterday and I've lost 1/2" most places. I didn't want to get too excited about that because I think... "Maybe I just measured wrong before." We'll see. I'm not quitting.
I do a lot of Jillian Michaels workouts. I like the Shred because it's only 25 minutes. I was thinking yesterday that I needed something a little longer so I looked around on the On Demand feature on TV and found Jillian Michael's Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism. It's an hour. OK, by far, including the bootcamp I did and the 30 day Shred... by far, the hardest workout I've ever done. I could not complete the last circuit. My body just said, "no." I'm going to try it again tomorrow. I feel like if I can do that workout... and not pause it (ok, I pause it when I need to catch my breath) and not quit before it's over, THEN I'll be in really good shape.
See for yourself. Go to On Demand- Sports and Fitness- Exercise TV- Jillian Michaels- Boost Metabolism.
I'm also starting to wean Hudson. He was still getting up 4+ times a night to nurse. I hate the cry it out so I decided to give him only bottles at night. The first night he woke up twice and I gave him a bottle both times. Last night he woke up once at 1am and I gave him a bottle. He slept until 6:30. He usually gets up at 6:00, so this was sleeping in. Yay for Hudson!
Also, last Thursday I was working out at a friends house and she has a baby Hudson's age. Hudson played with all said baby's toys and mouthed everything. Yeah... her baby has RSV. He came down with a fever, ear infections, cough and runny nose the next day. So... guess what?? Hudson got a runny nose 2 days ago and he's just getting worse. No fever, but he has a sad little cough. I'm listening for the wheezing, but he seems ok for now.
According to the RSV website, most kids actually get RSV, but it can be really mild and only seem like a cold. Let's hope for that.
On a separate note, Brian and I love the USA show "White Collar". It's one of two shows we tape and watch (Burn Notice is the other). I think you have to see the very first show to really like it, but then you don't need to see every show in a row to have it make sense.

3 comments:

Usandthings said...

Congratulations on the 2 pounds! Nice work.

Allison said...

Hello... don't forget the .2!

The Carr Family said...

I just started Level 3 of the Shred. I now understand Amanda's blog comment about Jillian saying I should have a six-pack by now - HAH! I'm going to On Demand, thanks!