I'm super tired today. Hudson got shots yesterday and now has a fever. All my kids have had that reaction, fortunately it's short lived. He was up most of the night and now I'm tired. I LOVE the new baby advice that says, "Sleep when the baby sleeps." HA HA HA. "OK, now Jack, I'm going to take a nap, because the baby is taking a nap. Please don't use your pocket knife, destroy anything, ride your bike off into the nether-reaches of the neighborhood, etc." Yeah... that would work.
We are adjusting. School starts for Tristan on Thursday and for Jack, 1 week later. They both already know a couple of kids in their school classes. We know several families in the neighborhood and are making friends. While I was in California visiting we had 4 messages from different people to have playdates. I also got a call this morning from two different people for playdates and a different call to see if Jack wants to be on a soccer team.
I got invited to be in a book club.. my first... we'll see how that goes. We're reading Prayers for Sale.
We had Amy and Family and Mom visit last week. We had a lot of fun and wore ourselves out sight-seeing. Brian's grandma is coming to stay for a week. She is having some tests done at the Huntsman Cancer Center to see if they can offer her anything more than she is currently getting from her Oncologist.
Dad and Jeri are coming for a visit this weekend and we're looking forward to seeing them. We also have a ward BBQ on Friday night. Brian is flying home a day early so we can go to that.
The kids have done so many funny things, but I think with my extreme fatigue I can't think of any. They are fascinated by speaking Spanish and want to learn. They have been making up their own Spanish words by adding "ita" on the ends of words. It's pretty funny.
1 comment:
First day of school! First day of school! It cracks me up because as Nemo is so excited, Marlin tries to talk him into waiting another year. Are you crazy!!!
We had so much fun with you guys! I will post more pictures today
Post a Comment