Tristan
So... Tristan lost another tooth on Saturday. It's one of the teeth on top, right next to the two front teeth (that he's also missing). The boys were wrestling on the couch and I had repeatedly told them to stop. Tristan was mostly the instigator, being as he was the one on top of Jack's back. I left the room and then heard Tristan yelling that Jack had hit him in the mouth. There is some confusion as to whether it was Jack's fist or head that connected. Of course I gave him the old, "I don't feel sorry for you at all. I told you to stop wrestling... blah blah blah." Then he cough up blood and a tooth. My next response was, "Wow... he really did hit you hard."
On Sunday during church, Tristan leans over to me and says, "Mom, I read in the bible (pause... you were reading the bible?) that Heavenly Father created space and the earth, and the plants and the animals in 6 days." I answer, "Uh huh..." He continues, "But mom, we know that space is infinite and everlasting. So if that's the case, he would STILL be working on space and never have had time to make earth and everything else." I looked at Tristan and thought several things... 1) How do you come up with these things? 2) How long has this been bothering you? 3) How can I explain all of this while trying to whisper and not incur the wrath of the church whispering monitor (Brian)?
Speaking of church, we've established a nice routine. Tristan draws and Jack promptly falls asleep during the whole first hour.
2 comments:
Wow, quite the philosopher.
My kids can't understand why jack is always sleeping during church. It's very entertaining to them
Post a Comment