Wednesday, May 20, 2009

There IS a baby... it's just still inside me.

I went to the doctor on Monday because I've been having migraine headaches. It's weird, because I don't get migraines and to get 3 in 3 days seemed odd. I asked him if it could be pregnancy related. He sent me to labor and delivery for some blood tests and to monitor the baby. As soon as I got to L & D my body sensed the baby pheromones in the air and started contracting. I really think Brian thought I was faking it. Good thing there was a machine showing the contractions up on a monitor. I had contractions every 3 minutes for 6 hours, but I didn't progress fast enough and they sent me home. Darn... I was so close. Since then, nothing. I've had a few random contractions, but nothing really. EVERYONE keeps calling. My phone rang all day. "Am I going to have a baby tonight?" How would I know? If I knew when the baby was going to come, I'd be a much happier woman. Tell you what-- I'll let everyone know the minute something changes. But for now, nothing is happening. I've walked around the block, walked around the school, helped glue art for the school art fair, packed 3 boxes by going up and down a step ladder. Nothing. So everyone just hold your horses.

2 comments:

Tyler Ball said...

there's a scripture relating when the 2nd coming will happen to when a baby is going to be born. So just tell people that no man knoweth the day nor the hour...but the time is at hand.

Anonymous said...

Very funny Tyler!