Pregnancy
Ah... the joys of being pregnant. ick. Brian pointed out the other night that I was making everyone miserable by being grumpy. Helloooo... why should only I be miserable??? He should at least have to share in that burden.
So I'm to the point that everyone asks if I'm 10 months pregnant. Uh.. no.
I am huge. My skin hurts on my stomach because it's being ripped apart from the inside. I also have trouble sleeping at night. A lot of trouble. See... when you're pregnant... towards the end, your body releases a hormone called relaxin. I'm not kidding... I'd like to personally punch whomever named it. RELAXIN? I'd have called it Annoyin. Anyway, it relaxes the ligaments in your hip joints in preparation for the glorious event. It also causes an extreme amount of pain while you're trying to sleep on your side. I can't sleep on my stomach, obviously and I can't sleep on my back because I can't breathe... there is a large elephant pushing upwards into my lung cavity. Fortunately, or unfortunately I get some measure of relief by sleeping on the couch. Full of hope I start out every night in my bed, and about 2 hours after going to sleep, end up having to sleep on the couch. Somehow Brian's not all that sad about this. Apparently sleeping next to me has lost some of it's magic when I have to flop around like a beached whale to turn over. So... I sleep on the couch... by Quick who sometimes decides that he needs to lick every part of his body during the night. Last night Anne's cat dropped the ping pong ball she was playing with off of the landing... then she meowed and came down to get it, but I was afraid it was going to be all Wild Kingdom with Quick attacking the cat, so I jumped up and chased the cat back upstairs... probably saved her life.
I have been having a fair amount of contractions, but as we all know, until they come like clockwork, they're just for practice. Whew, good thing I'm getting a lot of practice. Would REALLY hate to get there and do it wrong.
2 comments:
I heard the cat drop that ball =( i'm sorry...
Oh, Allison, you are so funny. Annoyin. Haha! Sorry you're so uncomfortable. I remember trying to sleep on my side and feeling like my hip bone was going to pop through my skin.
Post a Comment