Jack's Answer
Jack goes to a born-again Christian pre-school. I'm very happy with the teachers and the curriculum. There are a few side effects from the school though. One is Jack's answer to EVERY question is: Jesus. Here are two examples:
We're driving to the desert a few weeks ago and Jack wants to know how they make clothes. We talk about how cotton is grown and picked, but that it's full of little seeds. Then I said, "A man invented a machine that combed through the cotton and picked out the seeds so they didn't have to do it by hand anymore. Brian, do you know who invented the cotton gin?" Before Brian can answer Jack pipes up from the back, "Jesus!" Close... Eli Whitney.
The other day we were going to the library. Tristan asked who pays for the library and the other city buildings. Before I can answer... once again Jack interjects, "Jesus!" Again.. close... this time it's taxes.
It's become a running joke, although, Jack isn't in on the joke. Yesterday at church, in primary they asked a question and the answer really was Jesus. Tristan answered it instead. Amy looks over to me and says, "Where was Jack on THAT one?"
1 comment:
That was so funny. I laughed good and hard for a long time. My favorite picture of my brother was taken at his Christian Preschool. He is wearing a body glove shirt and a giant paper cross necklace that says "Jesus Loves Cameron."
Post a Comment