Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Streect diet

So I went to the OB yesterday and he told me I gained too much weight this month. Two pounds too much.... and last month three pounds too much. Hmmm... he's "not happy with the weight gain." Also, my blood sugar is elevated and he told me, "You need to go on streect diet." (He has an accent) Ugh! What does streect diet involve? He told me, "No sugar, no sweets, no dessert, no bread, no pasta, no fruit, no juice, no carbs. Just meat and vegetables." I have to go back to get more blood work done after a week of the streect diet. Let's just say that so far, the streect diet hasn't been very much fun. I haven't even done it a whole day yet.

I went to the Pasta Connection with Brian for lunch yesterday... yeah... I had a tuna salad. Mostly I just feel like I'm hungry (read: grouchy) and I don't know what to eat. A can of green beans? Eggs for breakfast everyday? Maybe I just need to go to the store. Maybe I don't like meat that much.

4 comments:

Christy said...

Hey Allison, I had to go on a diet similar to that a few years ago whne I had some health problems. I found and put together a whole bunch of recipes and snacks to help me through it. It was rough, but as long as you're prepared you can do it. Post a comment on my blog with your email and I can send it to you. Good luck! That's rough!

Bluebell said...

Oh no! I'm so sorry! Baked potatoes for dinner? Maybe this is Brain's cue to start barbecuing more often.

Anonymous said...

When the baby is older you can tell him everything he put you through.

Anne said...

yes yes make him feel extremely guilty for being born....