Thursday, September 29, 2011

Brownie Heaven

We had company for dinner on Sunday and she made these delicious brownies.  From the first bite I knew that they weren't from a mix.  She gave me her recipe and it is too good not to share.  Warning:  these are not low-fat or low-cal, but they're so rich you can cut them into small servings.

1 1/3 c. butter
3/4 c. cocoa
2 tsp vanilla
3 c sugar
6 eggs
1/2 tsp salt
2 c. flour
1 c. chocolate chips

I creamed the butter and sugar, then added the rest of the ingredients.  The batter is pretty thick.  Spread it in a greased 9X13 pan.  Bake at 350 for some undetermined period of time.  My friend didn't tell me and I baked them for 30 minutes and it was still SUPER runny in the middle.  I kept setting the timer for 5 more minutes and checking it.  My oven is funky and bakes things weird, plus I live at a high altitude, etc.  I think they baked for 45 minutes and they were a little too undercooked.  Don't worry, we'll still eat them.

They are SO good. 

No comments: