Monday, January 31, 2011
Random
At last, here is the long-awaited video of Jack wrestling the dog. It's pretty long. Feel free to watch the first 5 seconds and assume the rest is the same. This was during the Christmas aftermath. Hence the toys strewn about.
We are doing well. I'm currently slogging my way through INSANITY. It's pretty tough. I admit that some days I don't want to get up because I have to do it. I'm also teaching myself to play the guitar. I have a book that I'm working through. My fingers are starting to be less sore. They boys have been in guitar lessons for a few months and they've inspired me. Brian already had a guitar that was hiding in the back of the closet, so I've dusted that off (figuratively, not literally. This is Brian we're talking about. It was in a case.) I've also registered for two 100 mile races this spring. The first is the first weekend in May and the second is the first weekend in June. See why I have to keep working out?
We've signed all the boys, except Hudson, up for baseball. So every week we'll have 3 different practices and games to go to. Brian is coaching Jack's team because they needed a coach from the neighborhood. Aw... good job. It sounds kind of painful, but it only lasts a few months.
Hudson is very cute and is talking more and more. You have to sort of speak, "Hudson" to know what he's saying, but if you get it wrong, he will certainly let you know.
Brian's knee is getting better. He tore his ACL back-country skiing a few weeks ago. Most people have surgery right away to correct it, but the surgeon told him he can wait if he wants to. With it torn, he can still perform his everyday tasks, he just can't ski or do anything crazy. When he's at work he wears this super, fancy brace. He wants to wait until he's off probation at work (October) before he gets surgery.
Lastly, if you have Family Home Evening, you MUST check out A Year of FHE. must, must must. Here's the link: ayearoffhe.blogspot.com She puts a new lesson up every week; complete with visual aids, crafts, songs, etc. IT. IS. SO. AWESOME.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Jack vs. Dogs was awesome! I can't believe you are cycling 100 miles. That's amazing! I have tried to play the guitar a few times but with our crazy boys I've never been able to consistently practice. You inspire me to 'pick' it back up.
Lots of love,
Austin
2 comments: (1)Who was the winner between Jack and the dog? It looked like it was going back and forth. (2) What if Brian's normal activities include crazy activities? How's that going to work?
I like the wrestling video. It was really cute. i can't wait to see you guys!
That video was so worth the wait. Thank you for sharing, I can't wait to show Archer. School was cancelled because of snow. I am really getting a new perspective of what you go through. Kinda sucks.
Post a Comment