Thursday, December 30, 2010

Snowed in

We are snowed in. Really. I got up the courage to leave today, mostly because I want to strangle all of the kids and when we got to the bottom of the hill, the road was closed. We had to turn back. In the 10 minutes we were gone the roads went from black to snow packed and my little non-4-wheel drive Mazda was at max capacity getting us home. We really and truly almost didn't make it up our street. The street has so much snow there is only room for 1 car on it. If you meet up with another car one of you has to back into a driveway. As I was stopped and sliding around I kept thinking, "I'll just pull into a driveway"... yeah, they all had these giant walls of snow, from the street snowplow. I couldn't get into any of them. The boys were freaked out. I was too. When we finally made it home we all sat in the car, in the garage, not moving. Everyone had that rubbery legs feeling. Tristan said he felt the same way after Tower of Terror. I said a quick thank you prayer and promised we wouldn't leave the house again today.

It's SO snowy outside and the wind is about 30 mph. I can't even tell anymore if snow is falling or just blowing around. With the wind chill factor it's about -12 right now.

Jack got a new watch for Christmas and don't worry, he announces the time to me all. day. long. Noooo that's not annoying at all.

"Mom, it's 12:11. Mom... did you hear me?"
"Yes, Jack, I heard you."
"Mom, it's 2:30. No wait, it's 12 30. No, 2:30."
"Jack, 12 30 is the date."
"Oh"
"Mom, it's 5:15. Is that past lunch time?"

and so it goes all day. Why do they have to say my name so much?

Plus, did I mention we have 2 big dogs stuck in the house too? And their dog hair is stuck in the house as well.

"Jack, stop wrestling the dogs."
"Mom, will you film me wrestling the dogs? Mom? Mom? Mom!"
(after many delaying tactics I say yes)
he says, "Let's call it, 'Jack VS dogs'"

Don't worry I filmed it and will post it for your viewing pleasure tomorrow.

2 comments:

Anne said...

I, personally, can not wait!

Caitlin said...

Aren't you glad that God gives us some "built in" love for our kids? That's what keeps me hanging on when pushed to the brink of insanity (aka Christmas Break). The time announcements would drive me a little crazy too.

That's going to be a great video!