Thursday, August 19, 2010

First Day of School





August 17th was our first day of school. It was... a huge failure. We found out the day before that Jack got into Mountainville. We scrambled around buying him uniform clothes and sent him the next day. It was rough. When the boys got into the car after school they were hot, tired and hungry. They both proclaimed that they hated it and Jack burst into tears.
I recognized right away that Jack was very tired. They hadn't gone to bed early enough the night before and Jack hadn't realized that school was going to be SO LONG! He's coming from kindergarten that was half-day. I had to insist they go back yesterday. After school yesterday was better. They both said it was a pretty good day. I'm trying something new today. I created an imaginary game for them. They get 1 point for talking to someone and 1 point for every piece of playground equipment they play on. Slides- 1 pt, rock wall- 1 pt, etc. The points can be exchanged for a video game. Yes, I'm bribing them. I hope that they just start having a good time.
Brian and I are at loose ends at home with just Hudson. We've been taking turns going out on our bikes and just hanging out. Currently Hudson and I are watching Yo Gabba Gabba. exciting, I know.
I'm training for a 100 mile bike race next month. We'll see. I cooked myself on my bike this morning and came home panting and purple. I came in and died on the carpet. I said to Brian, "(pant, pant) I feel kinda sick. (pant, pant) Like I might throw up. (pant, pant, pant) and I'm really hot. (pant, pant) what will make me feel better? (pant pant)" He just looks at me and says that I need to lie there and just get a little less purple. Maybe drink some water.

And for fun....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love them!

Anne said...

Tristan is so handsome =)