I haven't updated in a while. Nothing that exciting is happening. Here's the latest:
1. Hudson is sleeping through the night. 9pm-7am. It did not take 3 nights of crying it out... it took 10. What finally made me do it was I was talking to this lady at school and she said her 4 year old was just like Hudson... woke every 2 hours and she nursed him back to sleep every time. (This is what I was doing 10 days ago.) She said, "You know, he still doesn't sleep through the night." Uh... DANGER! DANGER! What?!!! Suddenly I knew I couldn't take 4 years of this. That night I put a fan on in his room and closed his door, and closed my door... and I haven't been in once. He is now sleeping all night with no crying. His daytime naps have gone from 30 minute cat naps to 2-3 hour naps with no crying. Yippie!
2. Jack is enjoying kindergarten and has the exciting Kindy 500 coming up. We have to design a cardboard car for him to walk around in. They are going to "visit" famous landmarks in the U.S. (The Statue of Liberty, etc.) Jack recently was moved up a level in tumbling and was VERY excited. I didn't think it was time to remind him that we are going to take a tumbling break for the summer (and hopefully not start again in the fall). Jack has also started playing soccer. He is a million times better this season and almost scored 3 goals in the first game. Last season he was a parallel player. This season he's in there... all the time.
3. Tristan is ready for 2nd grade to be over. He is in Cub Scouts and we recently had the Pinewood Derby. Tristan took home 3rd place. He was really excited. He already has plans for next year's car. He's also still doing tumbling. Again we are going to take a break and I'm hoping we don't start again in the fall. He also just started baseball. It's machine pitch and he's surprisingly good this year. I say surprisingly because we did T-ball before and it wasn't his thing. Maybe he's just grown into his own body. He is the best hitter on the team and has gotten good at catching the ball too.
4. I've been practicing for a 60 mile bike ride that I signed up for. There's a lack of time to ride outside (bad weather and Brian has to be home to babysit) so I'm not sure how I'll do. I'm really glad it's Spring. It's beautiful outside. The hills across from our house are all green. The mountains are snow-capped in the background. It really looks like we're in Switzerland or something. Only a few of my bulb flowers have bloomed already and the others are almost ready. The kids planted seeds with mom when she came and they're ready to be planted outside, but I don't want to yet. It's supposed to snow 3 days this week. Local advice says don't plant your garden until Mother's Day... so maybe we were early with the seeds.
5. Brian has is National Practical Paramedic test today. I'm sure he'll do well. He spends all of his time studying. He still has 2 more months of clinicals left to do. He has a written test at the end of June and testing for a job coming up soon. He and I have been busy cleaning up the yard after a long winter... raking... seeding... tons of dog poop.
The kids are out of school on the 27th of May. We'll be doing swimming lessons for Jack and looking forward to our June vacation to California. We'd also like to take the kids to Yellowstone to see Old Faithful and the stinky sulfur pots this summer.
1 comment:
PHEW! You have been busy. As I was reading the "every 2 hours" thing I started feeling anxious. It was painful to even think about! I am soooooooo glad he is sleeping for you now.
Post a Comment