Monday, November 02, 2009

Halloween


We started our festivities 2 weeks ago at Hee Haw Farms. We did the corn maze, rode the hay ride, saw Leroy the 1200lb pig and other various things.







We made Tristan and Jack's costumes this year. The Friday before Halloween was CRAZY! I got Tristan ready and drove him down the hill to school. His costume was too bulky for the bus. I stayed at school and watched him parade around then drove home, got Jack ready and took him to school. I watched Jack's parade and then helped in Tristan's class for his party. I drove home... 6 miles up the hill again and when I got home I got a phone call from a lady that was helping at the party. "Hi Allison... remember when I put my keys in your purse? Yeah... they're still there."
So, back down the hill to the school. This time I had Hudson because Brian had some stuff to do. I found my friend and she was helping in Jack's class party. Hudson and I stayed and helped until school was out. I drove my kids home, but we had to go to the bus stop to pick up the 3 other kids that we take home. We stopped by our house long enough for me to run in and pick up a birthday gift and we were off to W. Jordan (40 minutes away) to take Tristan to a birthday party. I had a bad address so we took an hour to get there. By the time I got there, I realized I might as well wait another hour and then take Tristan home. We blitzed out of there in an hour and got home at 6:30. We had a neighborhood party at 6. I fed the baby, put on his costume and we were off.
The party was fun and some different neighbors invited us back to their house to play a board game. (You know how much Brian likes board games *snicker*) We changed the kids at home into their pajamas and went and had a good time. Thank goodness the next day was Saturday, we were beat!
Trick or Treating was fun. It wasn't too cold and we went until the robot costume became unbearable to wear. Apparently it's not ideal for long-term wearing. You can't scratch your nose or even touch your hands together.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who knew that Halloween would be such a hectic holiday!

Usandthings said...

Wow. I'm tired just reading that. And, that first vampire picture, I really had to do a double take because Brian looks like Andrew.

Tyler Ball said...

I thought Brian looked way scarier than Jack in the first vampire picture. It looks like he is about to crush that remote in the palm of his hand.