Bootcamp Days 3-5
By the 4th day I was walking a little easier and by the 5th day I was no longer in pain. That's not to say I wasn't still sore, it just wasn't debilitating and painful. It really has opened my eyes to people with chronic pain problems. I didn't want to do anything! Cleaning was hard, cooking was hard.
On day 4 she set up rotation stations. At one station we would shuffle through a cone maze on a basketball court and then sprint back to the start and go again. At another station we would throw a medicine ball up against a wall as high as we could. Another was pulling apart these big resistance bands, another was doing 1 minute of squat thrusts (where you bend down, put your hands on the ground and jump your legs out and back), another station we bent down low, like downhill skiers with our arms out back and then jumped in the air. We did all of the stations for a minute and then jogged to the next station.
Most of the days we have some sort of circuit to do. It will be really hard and long and as soon as you're back she makes you do it again.
Day 5- Friday
I had to be timed in the mile. First we jogged for a quarter mile to "warm-up" then we were all timed in the mile run. I'm proud of myself on several accounts. The first is I ran the WHOLE MILE and didn't stop one time to walk... not once. I think I've only done that one other time and it was a long time ago. I wanted to run it in under 12 minutes and I ran it in 10:49. The only reason I post my score here, is so that we can all see the improvement when I have to be tested again in 3 weeks. I also had to do as many push-ups as I could without stopping. If you have to stop and rest, you're done. You could do them on your knees. I did 24 before I had to rest. They do the push-ups test again in 3 weeks too. I'm not as starving as I was at first. I'm eating something small every 2 hours and it seems to be keeping the hunger monster at bay.
3 comments:
You should be proud of yourself on the mile! That is a lot of work, and you have only been doing this for a week. Imagine how it will be in 3 weeks.
i was reading in fitness magazine that girls who snacked on almonds throughout the day lost more weight..... I was thinking about starting to snack on almonds
You can buy raw almonds at Trader Joe's. Yum.
Post a Comment