
Recognize Chad's handiwork? Who doesn't want drawings on their chest and back? No one I can think of. We stop by Chad and Andrew's work weekly for a little fun and running around. The boys can usually get Andrew or Chad to give them a ride on the forklift or, as they did this last time, a ride on a metal cart through the parking lot. Jack is mostly interested in Chad stamping him with whatever stamps he has handy, ie. "PAID" or "FAXED" or "Pay to the order of (complete with banking information)". The boys love going there. They get a few laughs and some tootsie rolls. Jack told me the other day, "I have three daddies. Daddy, Uncle Chad and Uncle Andrew." Aww...It's been forever since I've posted, but we just recently got our camera back... the one I lost in the hospital in Utah on July 7th. There were some technical difficulties, but we're back in action now. Things have been very busy with work lately. I'm overwhelmed. More work= more money, but it also equals more work. Funny how that turns out. I asked to be released from teaching Sunday School. I needed to cut back on something. Don't worry, I'm still the Webelos Den Mother.
My first school class is wrapping up this week. I thought they were 6-week classes, but no, they're 5-week classes. It's the equivalent of taking a full-load at school. A semester crammed into 5-weeks. One thing I like is, I only have one class to keep track of. It does mean that I have 4-6 chapters to read a week and at least one paper due per week in addition to a BIG individual paper and BIG group project I'm working on. The BIG ones are due this week. Happy Thanksgiving to me. It's all done online and I'm getting used to that. I enjoy independent study, so I don't miss going to class, but all the textbooks are online too. It's hard to do so much reading online. I prefer reading out of a book. It's also hard to be sequestered in the office for so long. I have been getting up an hour and a half earlier everyday to work on my school work. I feel the dust coming off the wheels in my head already.
Tristan is into his 3rd month of kindergarten and loving it. He loves his teacher and she loves him. She can't say enough about how good he is in class. Not perfect, however. He did have to turn his card once. Oh well... he can't be good ALL the time. He won a trip to the Rainforest Cafe, in a limo, with the principal, for bringing in a lot of money for the Jog-A-Thon. He's excited about that, but tries to play it down. He's made tons of friends, ironically, most of them are girls. His birthday is coming up and he's looking forward to inviting all of them.
Jack is... well... Jack. He's the funniest kid. It's hard to believe all that personality fits in that body. He is willing to "show you his moves" at any time. He got a sleep mask, (The kind that you would put over your eyes to nap or something, if it was too bright.) and he wears it all the time on his forehead. Just in case it suddenly gets too bright and he needs to pull it down. We wore it to Burger King, the park, to take Tristan to school, etc. He's living the Boy Scout motto already. It's either that or a costume. I'm sure he'll have both a costume and the mask on soon.
He loves pre-school and his teacher told me "he's wonderful". Oh good. At least he behaves away from home. He and Archer fight like brothers. They are always arguing about something. Last week when I picked him up from school, he was all upset because he said, "Archer fired me from the playhouse." ha, ha... Then he said, "So I fired him back." That's their new thing. Firing each other. We, the adults, can't exactly figure out what that means. What does that entail? Do they have to leave the playhouse?? Of course we talk about loving our cousins and playing nice with everyone, but it's a little bit funny... secretly. Maybe it's just the way they say it.
4 comments:
Yeah, I am not sure where the whole "fired" thing came from however I have no doubt that Archer initiated that whole thing. I am so not the mother who thinks "Well not my kid! He would never do that!" I am more of a "Whatever happened, my kid probably did it." kind of mom.
Chad and Andrew love when you bring the kids over. I always get a play-by-play of what happened while the kids were there.
Aw, I miss my family! Thank you for posting, it helps us stay somewhat informed. Those kids look so cute! I wish I was in closer proximity to them so that they would know me as well. Darn cross-country separation. Maybe I could get a transfer to La Jolla someday...
CC- I know what you mean, whenever anyone with kids comes to our house, I'm always thinking the same thing, ‘Probably my kid.’
ACP-What are you studying in school?
Andrew and I love it when your boys come over. We make sure that we're always stocked on tootsie rolls and suckers so that we can fill their pockets before they leave.
You also forgot to mention Jack's obsession with the sticker machine. I always have to make him a sticker when he comes over.
My boys and I are going to plan a fieldtrip to the office now. Oh what fun!!
Post a Comment