Yummy, Yummy Pasta
Penne with Spinach Sauce
Recipe by Giada De Laurentiis
1 pound whole wheat penne
3 garlic cloves
2 oz goat cheese (I used low-fat sour cream)
1 oz reduced fat cream cheese (I used neufchatel cheese)
3/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
6 oz fresh baby spinach (I used a bag)
2 Tbs Parmesan cheese
Instructions
Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Add the penne and cook until it is tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally, about 12 minutes.
Mince the garlic in a food processor. Add the cheeses, salt, pepper and half of the spinach leaves. Blend until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
Chop the rest of the spinach and place in a bowl. When the pasta is done, use a slotted spoon and transfer it to the bowl with the spinach. This kind of cooks the spinach because the noodles are wet and still hot. Add the cheese-spinach mixture, mix and enjoy.
Brian and I couldn't believe how good this was! We even fought over the leftovers the next day.
3 comments:
This does sound fabulous, but I don't have a food processor, or a blender. Other that that, I would totally try it.
Oooh.. I thought of that today as I was food processing (a verb?). I don't actually own one either. I've been using mom's and getting kind of used to it.
Can you just use minced garlic instead?
Post a Comment