Sunday, May 29, 2011

Jog-a-thon


Hudson thinks he's part of the third grade class. Truly he does. This is pre-race when they were getting a pep talk.

Hudson went around 5 times. It was the size of a baseball field, including the outfield. He was so tired after and took a great nap.



Jack was so cute. I can't believe we had decent weather a month ago for this. It snowed this morning. The kids get out of school for summer on Friday. I would be incredulous, but it snowed last year the same week the kids got out for summer vacation.
They opened our community pool this last weekend for the first time... ever. It's been finished for 3 years, but because of a lawsuit with the city and developer and Zion's bank, it has remained filled with water, but closed. Even though it was only 40 degrees, the kids all went swimming. It's SO nice. There is a zero entry beach access, a big twisty slide and a little umbrella toy thing that has water coming out the top. There is also a big exercise room with machines. It makes living up on this hill slightly more tolerable.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that picture with Hudson!

Miss DeeDeeMarie said...

All the pictures were super cute. I hope you get nice weather soon.

Caitlin said...

The pool was filled with water but untouchable for 3 years?!?! What a terrible torture for little boys!

I wish I could rub our warm weather in your face but alas, it has been over 100 degrees everyday this week. Today it was 109. It is miserable. I can't go outside for too long because I get heavy heat induced nose bleeds. In fact I had such a bad one yesterday that Chad commented that it looked like someone had been murdered in the kitchen sink. You are not alone in your summer weather sadness!