Sunday, April 24, 2011

Chocolate Soul Cake

Today was Brian's birthday and he asks for the same cake every year.

Chocolate Soul Cake

1 pkg Betty Crocker Choc Fudge Cake mix
1 sm box choc fudge instant pudding
4 eggs
2/3 c. oil
2/3 c. water
12 oz chocolate chips
1 pint sour cream

mix all ingredients and pour into bundt pan.
Bake at 350 for 1 hour.

Frosting

3 c powdered sugar
3/4 c cocoa
1/2 c butter
2 1/4 tsp vanilla
3-4 T milk

mix powdered sugar and cocoa. Add butter, vanilla and milk and mix until creamy.

Notes:

In my opinion this cake is best the day after, or refridgerated. If you eat it warm it just tastes like gooey chocolate cake. When it has a chance to set up, the pudding sets up a bit and the chocolate chips harden again. So delicious. I just make it the night before.

Also, when I went to frost it this morning, I saw we were out of cocoa. great. Since it was Sunday I just make some sour cream frosting and frosted it with that. Yummy!

No comments: