We were all prepared yesterday for SNOWMAGGEDON and then.. nothing. Well, not nothing, but not anything that lived up to all the hype. We had a whiteout at our house for an hour or two, but that was more like a regular winter Tuesday night. It was the first time Utah was on "blizzard watch" since 2003. To qualify for a "blizzard" you have to have strong winds, very cold air, and some snow. Apparently you don't need a large volume of snow, just some to blow around. I learned this from the weather man.
I feel funny saying I was disappointed the storm wasn't bigger. I mean, I don't want people to get in accidents or be stranded or anything. I just want people to be tucked away safely at home and a lot of snow to fall.
Jack had a sleep over at his friend Will's house. Will's big brother, Sam, slept at our house. Jack told me he played "Billy the Exterminator" (his favorite show. He saw it on an airplane and can't stop talking about it) He played it at Will's with Will's cat, Casper. Jack told me that they held a pillowcase and tried to capture Casper in the pillowcase. Jack then mentioned that Casper didn't really like that game and showed me the many scratches on his face to back up that fact.
I texted Will's mom at one point to ask how it was going. (I couldn't stop by, whiteout and all) She wrote back that Will's older sister and her friend were currently playing beauty shop and shampooing Jack's hair while he was laying on the counter. He said it felt SO good. ha ha.
Tristan and Sam played video games for most of the night. They played Wii fit and exhausted themselves competing over and over in the jogging events. He's such a good kid. I fell asleep and woke up to tell them that they needed to go to bed in a half hour. In exactly half hour I hear him say, "Oh, it's time for bed. Let's turn out the lights." Aw. His eyes have been bloodshot all day from lack of sleep.
The boys are both taking guitar lessons. It's going pretty well. Their teacher is great and they love it, but we've already reached the I-don't-want-to-practice part.
Tomorrow is Thanksgiving and we're sad to not be with family. It was really fun to have Amy and Eli come up this past weekend. We did a turkey and the whole spread with them. Amy and I cooked the whole dinner ourselves. Look at us! We're all grown up. We went sledding in the mountains on Saturday and then it snowed enough that night so we could play in the snow at our house on Sunday. The kids were sad to see their cousins go, but we'll see them again in about a month.
We're going to stop by the firestation in the morning to see Brian and then we have a Thanksgiving dinner invitation at our realtor/guitar teacher/ friend's house. We did have one other offer... the one the kids would rather do. Will and Sam's family invited us to Provo to their relatives house. It sounded slightly awkward and it's too far from Brian's firestation.
Happy Thanksgiving!
1 comment:
Tristan probably just wanted to go to bed himself, pulling the old "blame it on my mom" trick.
Post a Comment