So, it's Sunday and Jack doesn't want to go to church. I mean REALLY doesn't want to go. Full tantrum and crying. I told him if he went we would go somewhere he would like after church. (bargaining) He said that he wanted to go back to the waterfall (Bridal Veil Falls in Provo Canyon) and this time ride bikes by the waterfall. I said, "ok."After church I was thinking that Provo canyon was a bit far. We live very close to American Fork Canyon. Surely there is something we could see there. So I went online, on my phone, and looked it up. Sure enough, Cascade Springs. Just go up AF Canyon and follow the signs. Sounds easy. Done.
We load up both the kids' bikes. Now there's no room for the stroller. No prob I'll just carry the baby in the front pack. We head out and it starts to thunderstorm. I've noticed, since living here, that the storms don't last long, so we persevere. We start up the canyon and the storm is already petering out. Every sign we see, we check for Cascade Springs. Nope... not yet. Keep going. Oh, now we're at the Alpine Loop, a one car road that goes from American Fork Canyon to Provo Canyon. "Should we go back kids?" "NO! Keep going" I have to mention that it's kind of sketchy on that road. Especially when you meet someone coming down, like a truck. Like the part where you're driving next to a cliff with no guardrail. I loved that. So... we drive for another 20 minutes and then see a sign "Cascade Springs 7 miles." Do we turn back? NO! We've come this far, what's another 7 miles?
We finally get there and the first thing we see??? A sign that says "No Bikes." Great-- now Jack's upset. I also realized that I didn't bring the camera, so all of the pictures are taken with my cell phone. Arrgh.

Cascade Springs is an Artisan Spring. It is where the groundwater meets up with the ground. It's crazy. There is so much water and it doesn't appear to come from anywhere.


We walked all over. The kids really liked it and it was very beautiful. Totally worth the hour drive. Just next time, I'll ditch the bikes and bring the stroller. My arms and back were killing me.

I asked a couple of people if there was a faster way to go home... Like maybe just continue on to Heber and drive from there. Uh... no. The way we came was fastest they said. Lucky I brought a bottle just for the ride home so Hudson wouldn't scream. As it was he didn't start screaming until we were about 2 miles from home. We hurried.
No comments:
Post a Comment