Thursday, February 19, 2009

It's not that Tristan is less funny than Jack... ok... everyone is less funny than Jack. Jack just has a mind and personality all his own. Last night this was our conversation:

Jack: (holding a marker) "Mom can I draw on myself?"

Me: "No."

Jack: "But I want to draw a scarf. I'll make it small."

Me: "No, you can't draw on yourself. What do you want a scarf for anyway? Just find some paper to color on."

So Jack leaves me and goes into the office. He is busy for a while drawing on some paper. Then he proceeds to take off all his clothes, but his underwear.

Me: "What are you doing? Why are you taking off your clothes?"

Jack: "So I can tape my scarf on myself. I colored it on paper instead, like you said."

He goes and gets some scotch tape, puts a couple pieces on the paper and tapes it to his back. When I get a good look, I see it's a SCAR... not scarf. He gets the two words confused.
So then, he goes about playing with the scar taped on his back, but... low and behold, scotch tape doesn't hold up that well. He then asks if we can use that other tape to tape it up. Brian volunteers to tape it up "really well, so it won't fall off."



At this point, it's taped so tightly that he can hardly breathe and moving is painful. Brian did say it wouldn't fall off this time.

4 comments:

Usandthings said...

This is the funniest thing I've seen all week. I like Jack.

Allison said...

This was one of those times I thought, "I should really get out the camera. No one will believe this."

Anonymous said...

Someone needs to give that kid a sharpie.

Anne said...

You should be afraid,... very afraid.