Update...
I'm bad about updating the blog. I think it's because I don't take that many pictures. Funny things will happen and I think, "Oh, I should blog that," but then I forget.
Yesterday we had a mini-miracle at our house. Jack had a friend over, they were playing with the train set and making tracks all over the floor. I was in the other room and I heard the friend say, "I don't want to play this anymore. I want to play Candyland." Then I heard Jack say, "OK, but in our house we have a rule that we have to pick up what we're playing with before we get something else out." I couldn't believe my ears. You mean it sank in? Wow.
I'm sure most of you know by now that we're having another boy. [insert enthusiasm here]. Brian's excited about that. I asked him if he feels that he's the height of studliness because he just can't make a girl. He said, "Hmm... Maybe."
Jack continues to "ride" his (pretend) motorcycle around the house. Sometimes it's so noisy and distracting I have to ban riding in the house. Last night he was "riding" while we were watching TV. I told him to be quieter and he said, "Ok mom, I'll just shift into 2nd gear to be quieter." Good idea Jack. Jack's pretend riding consists of him running around making a motorcycle noise with his mouth. He also holds his hands out as if he were holding the handlbars.
Tristan is still an old soul in a young body. He's quietly funny. Except for the knock-knock jokes which really aren't funny. We got in the car yesterday and we were waiting for Jack to put on his seatbelt. This can take some time because he has to settle himself down and focus on the task. Usually I say repeatedly, "Jack, sit down. Jack, put on your seat belt. Quit horsing around." etc. Yesterday I was seeing how long it would take if I just looked at him and didn't say anything. Jack was screwing around and Tristan says, "Ah... and the world of Jack just keeps going 'round and 'round." So true.. so funny.
2 comments:
Tristan is super funny. The world of Jack- Ha Ha...
Hooray, you updated! That makes me happy. We miss you.
Post a Comment