
We were sitting around the other day looking at the carpet. We had just had it cleaned a month ago and it was really dirty again. I think it was just past cleaning. Brian says, "I wish we could just rip it out and put down that laminate flooring." I said we should go for it. So... we ripped out the carpet in the family room and the peel-and-stick tile in the kitchen and went the next day to Ikea and bought the flooring you see here. As you can see, Andrew came by to watch.

It was a little rough going for the first couple of rows, but then we (Brian) got the hang of it. I was in more of a support position. Brian did a great job.

Last week we bought a new couch in preparation for Mom moving out. They delivered it yesterday. Brian gave us all the new rules... "No eating or drinking on the couch. No feet on the couch, no shoes on the couch or on the new floor." I'm surprised we're allowed to sit on the couch.

Don't worry, when they delivered the new couch, the hide-a-bed fell out and gouged the new floors in two long grooves. This was just after Brian and I had an argument about keeping the rug down. I said we should move the rug so the movers don't trip (I won) and Brian said we should keep it down so the floor doesn't get scratched. Aahhh.... So when it got gouged, I was a bit sheepish and apologetic.
4 comments:
Oh my gosh! They look amazing! and in the kitchen!
I bet you could sit on it... but you have to hold your breath.
Congratulations on your lovely new floor, it seemed like the kids make new scratches every day on ours.
Here's a cheer I made up:
LAMINATE + FLOORING = RMBTFJHL
I love Andrew's action shot
Post a Comment