Wednesday, November 08, 2006

My challenging son, Jack

So, yesterday was a banner day for us here at the Plummer house. In the morning Jack was unsually quiet. I went to find him and as I climbed the stairs I was overwhelmed with a minty fresh smell. Jack had squeezed out an entire tube of toothpaste and fingerpainted on the walls with it.

Later, Amy was over for a visit and Jack comes running out of mom's room crying and rubbing his eyes...again with a smell following him. This time the smell was methol. I grab him and ran into the bathroom. He had used a large amount of Icy Hot to rub all over his hands and face and now he was rubbing it into his eyes. The more they burned, the more he was rubbing his eyes. I started furiously washing him. In my haste. I knocked over the blowdryer and it turned itself on as it hit the floor. So now I'm rinsing Jack's eyes, he's SCREAMING and I'm yelling for Amy to come turn the blowdryer off.

30 minutes later, Jack is suddenly very shiny and greasy. I said, "Jack what's on your hands?" He said, "Yotion, mommy's pillow." I ran upstairs to find that he has taken a tub of Aquaphor A.K.A. Vaseline, scooped it out and smeared it all over my ultra-suede duvet and pillow. Ahh...
I sprayed the spots with Shout and put the duvet and pillow case in the wash. I haven't checked it yet. I'm sure it didn't come out.

The lesson of this story... install locks to the outside of each door to "Jack proof" the house.

The following is a picture of the gum I made Jack spit out this morning. The quarter is in the photo for scale. I've never seen such a big piece of chewed gum. It's bigger than a deck of cards. Notice the teeth marks.



Halloween (Better late than never)




Jack getting into grandma's powder.



6 comments:

Caitlin said...

Ahhhh the never ending curiosity of little boys! Especially your little boy. The Halloween pics are great. The green shades on Jack are pretty sweet.

Bluebell said...

Adventures in motherhood! I can't help but think of your mom ranting about all of Austin's antics. Boys, boys, they are such handful! Some more than others. =)

Usandthings said...

I can't wait.

Anonymous said...

He can get into something faster then you can possibly imagine.

A.Calder said...

So he's a little curious whats the beef?

Anne said...

i'm with austin... although not so fun for you =/